Thursday, May 20, 2010

Why I'm Going to Greece

Reflecting:

Athens is one of the oldest named cities in the world. I've always been captivated with mythology. Greek myths have a great appeal because they are great stories full of lessons. I believe we can learn a lot about what it means to be human by studying the myths of ancient Greeks and even fundamental lessons on life that man continues to make.

After all, Greece is responsible for a large slew of inventions from the thermometer to the map. Greece is also the cradle for Democracy.

Understanding

Greece is not only experiencing a hard time. Their debt is on the verge of becoming a global phenomenon. I am intrigued by how Greece was able to stumble so low, especially six years ago, the country was in the limelight of the world, while hosting the summer olympics.

Negotiating

Should the EU bail out Greece. It is hard to believe that a country has important and historic as Greece is on the verge of bankruptcy. This is a political hot potato, but Greece needs to be saved. What happens in Greece will have deep and lasting impact to the entire world.

This is why I want to visit Greece. I want to experience everything: the food, the culture, the history. And I want to talk to the local people to see how they are hurting and how the rest of the world can better understand their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment